This item has been shown 23 times.
This is an original owners glovebox literature kit for a 1970 Chevrolet Malibu placed there by the selling dealership for the original owner. These are NOT reproductions. It includes the manual as well as the original Protect O Plate still attached to the New Vehicle Warranty Owner Protection Plan. The car was originally bought at Barnes Chevrolet in New Jersey on March 13, 1970. Included are:
1) Large white and blue envelope 9 3/4 X 6 inches. Reads "Presenting your car owners companion" and "Chevrolet Corvette Chevelle Camaro Caprice Chevy 2 Corvair". There is a space for the owner to write in their name and address which the owner did (covered in the photos). The salesman's name is written on it. Its overall condition is good. It has several small light stains, numerous small creases especially on the edges. The bottom seam has a few small tears. The top fold has torn seams at the ends, about 1/2 inch each. Overall it is fully readable, intact, and holds the manual and literature.
2) Plastic bag 9 1/2 X 6 inches. Fully intact. Deep vertical crease down center where it was folded. Some of the printing is difficult to read, the majority is easily readable.
3) Notice from Barnes Chevrolet about not buffing your car for 30 days. 6 X 3 inches. Several creases. Staple hole. 1/4 inch tear along the bottom. Perfectly readable.
4) Letter from Barnes Chevrolet about passing inspection. Standard 8 1/2 X 11 paper. Looks perfect.
5) Chevrolet Consumer Information Chevelle Malibu 8 1/2 X 4 1/2 inches. 7 pages. Hole punched at bottom. Small pen writing front and back. Otherwise perfect condition.
6) Notice from Barnes Chevrolet about service policy rules 6 1/2 X 3 1/2 inches. Slightly creased corner. This pamphlet is stapled to the New Vehicle Warranty. Otherwise perfect.
7) 1970 Chevrolet New Vehicle Warranty 4 X 8 1/2 inches. 4 section fold-out. Includes Protect O Plate still attached. Plate has some ink on it. Has written in purchase date of "3/13/70"
The Protect O Plate has the following information on it* buyers name and address (covered in photo)* date of purchase 3/13/70* T0221CNN* 136690B158510 R* YOB16* CGA0129B* 1 3 1* 3* 3/13/70* 0012Overall the Warranty is in excellent condition with no damage, tears, stains, etc.
8) 1970 Chevrolet Owners Manual 8 1/4 X 5 1/4 inches. 82 pages. Staple on front cover. Small amount of pen writing on front cover. Front cover has 1/4 inch tear along top. Otherwise appears new. The interior is perfect. No damage or missing pages. Staple binding is fully intact and tight.
This set has some very rare items such as the letter and notes from Barnes Chevrolet, all original. The car had a 350 engine.